Friday, April 1, 2011

First symptoms


The first time I reported on my training diary pain or weakness on my left leg was in the summer of 2007, July 22nd exactly. So merely 3 years after starting cycling.
June and July of 2007 had been extremely intense for me. I did my first long endurance races. First the 8 hours of Cannonsburg, MI in mountain bike, then in France l'Ariegeoise cyclosportive (160 km and 3 or 4 passes) and finally the insane Etape du Tour Foix-Loudenvielle with 200 km and 5 passes, the most difficult stage of the Tour that year and my first Etape.
Tough program. And in between I would ride in Catalunya and in the Pyrenees.
Pain under intensity started shortly after l'Etape and I noted this several times on my diary in France and then back in Michigan.
I attributed this weakness to fatigue and overuse, maybe muscle damage after the exhausting Etape where I had to stop every km on the last pass (Peyresourde) that I crossed in total agony.


No comments: